Monday, November 23, 2009
Gmail.com
When Wesley started to type on instant message with Marc, it occurred to us that he may be ready for an email address. With Marc being gone and his spelling/reading skills multiplying exponentially, it seemed like a great idea. I created a contact list for him, consisting mostly of grandparents, aunts, uncles, and a few family friends. After a short tutorial, he could compose and send messages and open and archive received mail! The first email he sent was to Marc with the subject "i lic mario." (I like Mario.) The body of the message read "tac you for teching me how to do manyl onmario kart will." (Thank you for teaching me how to do manual on Mario Kart Wii.) Though typing is challenging, he has enjoyed sending, receiving and replying to messages. In the process, he is learning about the keyboard and letter writing etiquette. I have the added enjoyment of reading about his world, reported in his own words from his perspective!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment