Friday, October 30, 2009

"Special Time"

Recently, Wesley suggested that we implement something he dubbed "special time." He wanted to have time set aside for playing games, watching movies, and doing other activities including only him and me. Since he started school, I have missed spending time with him, so I thought it was a brilliant idea (and was just on the cusp of thinking of it myself!). So each Friday, after Cate has retired to bed, we designate and hour or so for mother/son bonding. Our first date was spent watching Wesley's first Star Wars movie (the first four episodes of Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series). Obviously, it was a smashing success! Most recently, we spent the evening making rice crispy treats, yet another sticky, deliciously enjoyable event.

2 comments:

Nanette R. said...

I love this! You're going to treasure these times together!

Tatee said...

When you are a parent, the days are long but the years are short; treasure the long days!