Saturday, March 28, 2009

Old School

First there was Speed Racer. Wesley watched the old cartoons with a fervor and wondered why they just looked like drawings (a child of the age of digital animation). Next there was Super Mario Brothers. Marc downloaded the original NES version, and Wesley has been playing on the computer. But instead of completely replacing Speed Racer for the top spot, Wesley found a way to meld the two together...Mario and Luigi as race car drivers! Now he has discovered Psalty and the Kid Praise Kids. Does anyone else remember them? I saved the cassette tapes from my childhood, and he recently started listening to them during his quiet times. It is so fun to hear him in there by himself, singing all those old praise and worship songs I learned as a child. I guess this is the 2000's version of being retro!

No comments: