Friday, August 15, 2008
Sense of Accomplishment
Today, I discovered that Wesley had re-folded one of his shirts and put it away. Most of his clothes are hanging, and we have been working on the skill it takes to put a shirt on the hanger, but completely unprompted, he folded this shirt, and did a pretty good job at that! I commended him for his accomplishment, and this was his response: "I'm very talented. I'm good at everything. I'm a one man show." While I seek to instill self-confidence, that seemed like a little much!! I guess part of the quote was borrowed from Lightning McQueen in the Cars movie. A short conversation about pride and arrogance (complete with definitions!) followed. When I told Wesley that pride was thinking more of yourself than you should, he replied, "Oh, like Nebuchadnezzar." Precisely! Lightning McQueen and Nebuchadnezzar...two important stories that show that pride comes before the fall!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment