Friday, August 15, 2008
King of the Sunday School Class
I heard an interesting tale from Wesley's Sunday school teacher the other day. They were studying the story of Esther. One of the reasons I love our church so much is that they don't gloss over parts of the Bible, even from a young age. (Which made for an interesting conversation when Wesley asked me when God was going to turn Mill Creek into blood after studying the plagues in Egypt.) They covered the entire story of Esther, from the King selecting her from among all the maidens to her part in obeying God and saving her people, the Jews. Wesley and some of his girl friends decided to re-enact the story during play time. Despite the emphasis of the teaching being on God's sovereignty, grace and love, it seems that the beauty pageant that took place in the story had a large impact. Kristi told me that Wesley lined up 3 or 4 of the girls, who were more than happy to pose and be "pretty," and said to them, with his finger to his chin, "Hmmm. Who will I pick to be my wife?" I'm afraid he may be getting a big head. :) What a character!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment