Saturday, January 19, 2008

Who you gonna call?

Wesley wakes up REALLY early in the morning. To preserve my sanity and an extra hour or so of sleep, I gave him a digital clock and told him he could not come out of his room until it was 7:00AM. I am now awakened every morning promptly at 7:03 (or thereabouts) by Wesley proclaiming, "Mommy, it's a 7 on my clock. Time to get up!" On a recent trip to Indiana, we were staying with Marty, and Wesley requested a clock for his bed (oops, I may have created a monster). The best we could come up with was her cell phone set to silent. The first night, all went well. We even got to sleep in until 8:00 (I love eastern time!). The second night, Allison called the house around 11pm and asked if we had called her. Neither Marty nor I had called, but Allison had two missed calls from Marty's cell phone! I marched into the room where Wesley was sleeping only to find the glow of the cell phone light and him still awake. I confiscated the cell phone and found that he had made a total of 17 calls, all of them less than 30 seconds. In addition to Allison, other recipients were from the address book, speed dials, and various random number combinations (thankfully, none of them 911!). How is a mother supposed to keep a straight face in that situation? :)

No comments: