I love when parents relate stories about how their children used to mispronounce words or entirely make up their own word for something. It is a wonderfully creative part of childhood that I think we should hold on to into our adult years. Here's an ongoing list of Wesley's highlights....
pamcakes=pancakes
quge=huge
penticles=chemicals
pop=blister
binocolators=binoculars
Old McDonalds=McDonalds (naturally!)
grirl (almost growling)=girl
leg sleeve=pant leg
tapoles=drumsticks
driver=steering wheel
wishing wipers=windshield wipers
Old Maybe=Old Navy
pee bottom=well, you could probably figure that one out!
badonna=Madonna (hey, he has well-rounded musical tastes)
shreadmail=treadmill
bubbly drink=soda
bemenmber=remember
papeat=repeat
movile=mobile
treasure chest=toy box
Gull of Mextico=Gulf of Mexico
atemail=oatmeal
dib=bib
Allgreens=Walgreens
head sweater=hood on his sweat shirt
(oh man, spell check is going to go crazy on this one!)
Tuesday, October 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My favorite "Kid Speek" of Abigail's is "Spegairagus" which is asperagus and "Hannitizer" which is hand sanitizer. I should make a list so I remember them. Aiden has quite the list, too! I am a constant translater.
you forgot conutity=community
Post a Comment