W: Mommy, why does God want us to give him glory?
Me: It makes Him happy. Do you like it when someone says something nice about you? It's kind of like that.
W: Oh. Why can't we call Pop Pop in heaven? I want to ask him what heaven is like.
Me: That would be nice. I miss Pop Pop.
W: I want to talk to God on the phone too. Have you heard God talk to you before?
Me: Yes. He talks to us in the Bible, and sometimes we can hear His voice in our thoughts, but we know it isn't just us thinking something.
W: If I was on the phone with God and we both wanted to say something at the same time, I would let God go first, because I like Him.
Me: (laughing) That's good!
On Monday, he handed me a hand written note from his lunch box that read:
Mommy
I don't like gingersnaps. Please don't give them to me.
On Tuesday, he labeled a Christmas present that I had wrapped for his friend Jack:
To: Jack
From: Wesley
(in a different color pen) and mom but not your mom
No comments:
Post a Comment