Recently, Wesley started attending the worship service with me at church. He goes to his Sunday school while I'm in Sunday school, then he comes to learn how to participate in "big church." We are about a month into this new experience. I was very nervous in the beginning. I knew it would be challenging for him, and I'm not a big fan of distracting children during church, especially not ones sitting directly next to me for which I'm responsible. We came prepared with paper, a clip board and colored pencils. During the first half of the service, Wesley joins in singing, praying, etc. When the sermon begins, he is allowed to draw. At first, there was a lot of this....

And also some of this....
In an attempt to engage him in the sermon, I helped him take some notes related to what Pastor Scott was preaching. These are from the first week's sermon on the book of Ruth...



4 comments:
Okay, this is soooooo precious! I know Scott loves to see these sorts of things, make sure he gets to see it.
love you girl!
What an awesome idea of how to engage him in what the sermon is about! Definitely show Scott these pics and let him see what Wesley's doing!
ok, your child is BRILLIANT! he needs to sit next to Connor during church and rub off on him... This is so fun to read, thanks for posting!
I just love this. What a sweet and precious thing to see Wesley growing and learning about the Lord!
Post a Comment