Wesley's first project in Art class...Nashville's famous "batman" building. He said all the windows had lights on because everyone came to work.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Lessons Learned
After more than a month in kindergarten, Wesley is thriving. Last week he brought home his first progress report with the following report from his teacher, Ms. Brandon, "Wesley is making great progress, and he has an excellent foundation on which to build. He is very bright, and it shows in every part of our day. He is engaged and actively participates in all that we do." I think his teacher is terrific, and I'm really proud of him! He loves going to school and actually bemoans weekends (with the exception of church on Sunday). I love to see him grow in so many other areas as well. Each morning, he wakes up, gets dressed, remembers to put on his glasses and comes downstairs for breakfast. He has learned to tie his shoes, tell time, pump his own swing, shower independently and even whistle! This morning, I asked him to help me get out the door for school by waking Catelynn. She came downstairs completely naked (with his "help") as he chased her with a wipe because her morning diaper was wet. Now that is above and beyond! Watching who he is becoming is such a joy, and I love being a part of it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Way to go, Wesley! I knew he would do well in school! It seems that he is growing and maturing, as well. So great!
Wow! That is so awesome!! I know you love that he is a "reader." It's great that you like his teacher, too. I am so glad that you guys are having a good Kindergarten experience. Sounds like he is a good big brother, too!
Post a Comment