Saturday, June 20, 2009

School Days, School Days

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Wesley will be starting school in the fall. The question of where he will be spending his kindergarten year (and several more after that) is one that I have been toiling over for a few years now. Last January, we enlisted in the Metro Nashville Public Schools lottery for magnet/option schools. On Thursday, we got a letter in the mail notifying us that Wesley would be able to attend Eakin Elementary. A few months ago, we visited the school and loved it. When I told Wesley that he would be going there, he said, "Oh Mommy, I love that Eakin school. They have a great library!" No, really, they do!

3 comments:

Nanette R. said...

Yea! I'm glad Wesley will be going to Eakin and hope that it is the first of many great years for you all in MNPS!

evie said...

oh my gosh, SUCH good news!!! what a perfect place for him. hooraaaaaayy!!!!

evie said...

oh, and i've been reading aloud from your blog about all the ridiculously smart things wesley says, and matt is astounded by the cracker and orange slice sailboat.