There are about a million stories I could tell about Wesley and music. The kids loves it! He has an uncanny knack for identifying instruments and remembering tunes, lyrics, and track numbers. Also, he has great taste (what more would you expect when he rides in the car with Marc or I and listens to our music!) Some of his favorites:
KT Tunstall: Black Horse and a Cherry Tree (the "woohoo song")
Madonna: American Life and Music
Jars of Clay: Nothing But the Blood (actually, he loves the entire Redemption Songs CD)
Brandi Carlile: My Song ("#4") and The Story
Peter Bjorn And John: Young Folks (from Grey's Anatomy soundtrack!)
Mark Smeby: Superfamous
Little Einstein's Theme Song (well, he is 3, after all)
All American Rejects: It Ends Tonight
Grace Community Church's catechism songs
...the list goes on and on!
I think the best story, though, involves David Gray. We had just listened to his New Day at Midnight album, and Wesley seemed to enjoy it. The disc ran through maybe twice, then we moved on to his next request (I like to call him DJ Jazzy Wes). About a week later, we were walking through Macy's on our way to the car, and he said, "Mommy, I hear David Gray." Wow! I was impressed. Sure enough, Caroline was playing on the in-store music. We walked out the door, and Wesley said with disappointment, "I wanted to hear that part where he goes 'whooo!'" I laughed as I realized he was right, and that was part of that song. I told him we would put the CD in when we got to the car. Just for fun, I asked if he knew what track number that song was. Without hesitation, he said, "#2!" My mouth dropped open when I put the CD in, scanned to #2, and Caroline started playing! Amazing!
Tuesday, November 6, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Abby keeps asking when she will get to meet Lenny Kravitz because she loves his greatest hits album (minus Mr Cab Driver of course). I think Abs and Wesley would be great pals!
Post a Comment